What is it?
Whether out of the box or custom designed for you, you do not always have guarantee that your software is as robust as you have been told or follow the security standards you would expect.
When facing such a situation, code quality review and code security assessment will give you an objective assessment of how well your purchased software is performing. We base the assessment on a number of factors. Those are your corporate policies, comparison to industry standards, level of expertise, best practices and even open standard certification.
How we do it?
The first step is to clearly define your concerns and objectives in order to provide you the review or audit that suits best your company’s needs. Hand in hand with you, we assess your expected security level and objectives to be attained when requesting an audit.
Our reviews and code security audits focus on code quality, performance, database quality and security. Our general approach targets:
- Transparent assessment of your software’s quality (code quality)
- Assessment of best practices in terms of data storage and access (database quality)
- List of high risk and low risk vulnerabilities and how to avoid them (security)
- Assessment of the data security against your expected level of security (security)
- Identification of possible limitations based on code structure/architecture (performance)
- Identification of possible performance enhancement (performance)
In general, these audits are crucial when shifting projects to a new team but they can provide priceless information to decision makers and project managers at any point throughout the project.